Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Our Scars

I sat in the dermatologist office this morning waiting to see the doctor for my routine check up.  I'm a very "moley" person, so these check ups are necessary.

While I waited for the doctor, I couldnt help but examine my own skin.  I noticed the scar on my left ring finger from a a drunken fight I got into with an old boyfriend.  I looked at the scar on my right wrist and remebered that I got this scar while sitting in my first car chatting with my friend and when I zipped up a windbreaker it caught my skin.  I looked at the small scar on my knee I got playing soccer.  I looked at my newest scar on my leg I got this summer.  I gazed at my favorite scar - the one I got from my little girl.   I can't say looking my scars were the highlight of my day, but having all of these memories flood my mind was a cathartic experience. 

hgv And as we say goodbye to another year, may our scars from 2014 heal and fade away, but may our memories and lessons from this year carry on to the New Year.  

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)