Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Like The Tides

I was at the gym by 730 this morning.  Matt and Grace were still sleeping when I left the house, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to start my day.

I was on the bike doing some cardio and on the TV in front of me the news was interviewing one of the American cardinals.  Since my head phones were cranking out some tunes I didn't hear any of the interview but I looked up at the screen and read this caption: 

Cardinal: darkness will end soon

I appreciate the sentiment of the cardinal but I believe that as long as us humans have darkness inside of us -  the darkness will never end.  I'm not naive to think our darkness will ever go away but I do believe like the tides, that the darkness inside of us are ever changing.  The more us humans answer darkness with darkness we will never see the light.  We will be pulled under by the tide into our own darkness.  

So, this Christmas Eve, my wish, my hope is that you take a minute to pause to allow your inner light be ignited by the love, the joy, the magic that surrounds you because the darkness is a lonely place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)