Monday, May 12, 2014

Love and homemade bagels

A little late with this post but it's because I was being showered with love and homemade bagels yesterday.  I was going to write about the sentimental feelings of what a mother is or what is feels like to be a mother, but I decided a quick trip to reality is a lot more fun to read. I was never a girl that dreamed about my future child(ren) - I think in my heart I always knew I wanted a kid(s), but it wasn't what I thought I was "destined" or "made" to do.  Now, that I am mom, I love it, it's great - I've never loved like this.  But - Shit, it's hard.  It's not as dreamy as it looks in movies and it's not as horrible as it seems from online discussion boards!  It's real. 
I'm responsible for a human life - not only do I have to make sure she is healthy and happy but for societies sake I have to make sure she is a loving, caring, responsible person. That's the kicker.  Yes it is fun to dress her up like a little doll but if said doll acts like "chucky" then I failed...miserably!    I probably put too much pressure on myself and Grace at times.  I mean what 15 month old is going to act perfectly all the time?  I'm almost 31 and there are plenty of times where I act like a fool.  There are days when I have to pause, capture the moment, tell myself mistakes will be made, tears will be shed, tantrums will be had, blood will be spilled - but that's what makes it real.  That's what makes me a mom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moments from yesterday:

 
 

 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)