Tuesday, May 6, 2014

From you, I learn

This weekend I received my Master's Degree - and although its been three years in the making, I'm so happy Grace was there to share that moment with me.  I decided to write a quick letter to Grace so one day she could understand how having her at the graduation meant so much to me.

Dear Grace,

This past Saturday you sat with Dada, Cici and Pop to watch me get my Master's degree.  While I sat in the sea of graduates, I kept looking back to see where you were.  I knew you were to young to remember the moment, but I wasn't.  Having you at the ceremony, hearing them call my name and watching me walk across the stage was one of my proudest moments.  I started the master's degree for myself - for my future.  I finished the degree for us - for our future.  Everyday you inspire me to be better, to strive for more, to not stop, to do my best.  From you, I learn.

I love you,

Mama  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)