Monday, April 28, 2014

Diary of a tired, crazed mom

Single parents are my rock stars.  I don't know how the hell they do it.  Matt was away for a mere 30 hours and I practically flew into his arms when he came home.  Okay okay, I'm exaggerating a bit but seriously to be the sole care taker for Grace this weekend gave me a new appreciation for my husband and I'm in awe of how some  parents do this alone day in and day out.
Diary of a tired crazed mom:
9am: Matt just left for a 30 hour trip - I'll play and read books with Grace for a bit until she needs to nap.....
10am: Ahh. Nap time - mommy time = laundry and school work. 
11am: That was a short nap- this should translate itself later. Awesome!  Lunch time
12pm: Ahh! I gotta get out of the house...Was productive- ran a few errands, visited a friend - Grace slobbered all over friends window, played and threw rocks in friends house.  Begged for snacks at friends house.   I wish I took up my friends sangria offer
Grace loves reading - this is great. We can just read the rest of the afternoon.
Grace loves running around the house - this is great.  We can run around the rest of the afternoon.
Grace loves throwing fits - this is terrible.  This better not go on all afternoon.  I"M LOSING CONTROL!
330pm: More laundry then time for the park.
4pm: What it's only 4!!Aww Grace is so happy swinging.  I love that little smile.  Her outbursts don't seem so bad when I see this smile.
530pm: Time for dinner!  Wait - Matt is really gone - who is going to feed us?
So dinner was a success - success meaning, Grace and I ate it and we didn't get poisoned and the house didn't burn down.  Grace in just her diaper played in the recycling  - she looked like a homeless baby. Normally I would stop her but it was keeping her entertained, so who am I to stop that!
6pm: More flippin laundry, dishes, playing and temper tantrums -- slowing counting down the hours until 8pm!  I feel my eyelids getting heavier - MUST NOT LET GRACE KNOW SHE IS WINNING!
8pm: Angels are singing - its BEDTIME
8:01pm: Mommy's sleeping!!


I won't chronicle the next day - but it was filled with food, laundry, dishes, poopy diapers, happy/unhappy baby!!!

230pm: Garage door opening
Grace and I in unison:  "DADA!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)