Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Great Job!

Last night was my final tutoring session.  For the past 11 weeks, I have worked with a young girl on improving her vocabulary and teaching her various reading strategies.  I've seen this young girl blossom from a shy, hesitant reader to a confident, motivated reader. It's been an awesome experience....so needless to say I was a bit sad that last night was our last time meeting together.  As I pulled up to the house, I was trying to switch gears from graduate work to mom work.  It's not easy to switch off.  Expecting to see Matt's car in the garage - but it was empty.  Weird.  Why weren't they playing on the floor of the TV room like expected.  Walking into an empty house is a rarity nowadays.  Figuring I only had a couple of minutes to decompress, I ran upstairs changed into the usual suspects -sweatpants and t-shirt.  Kept thinking of the bittersweet ending I just had with my student.  Excited to think that I almost have my masters - sad to think this experience is almost to an end...It was then  I heard commotion coming from downstairs,  I knew it was time to get out of my head.  As I came to the bottom of the stairs...........








1 comment:

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)