Sunday, February 16, 2014

Second Time Around...

A month ago I was sad thinking that all Grace's "First's" were coming to an end - but as we go full steam into year two,  I've found a calm with the "second" time around.  A week after her birthday, Grace got sick - ended up with an ear infection.  It brought me back to when she had her first ear infection and how anxious and overwhelmed I felt with a sick baby.  Not to minimize her ear infection this time around, I never want to see her hurt, but this time around wasn't so overwhelming.  She enjoyed the bubble gum flavored antibiotic she got every night.  She played through the pain and I knew how to comfort her when she needed that extra bit of attention. Teething sucks, but its bearable.  A diaper rash hurts but it just means her adorable butt get more air time.  I know how to make her laugh, I know when she wants to play and when she wants to cuddle. 

Even though there are times I miss "the firsts" - I'm loving the second time around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)