Sunday, October 20, 2013

We need these walks

Now that Grace is on the move - the dinky little carpet we had in our den would no longer suffice.  After much parousing (not really), Matt and I saw a carpet we liked - we borrowed my parents car, because it is bigger than ours, shoved the 10X13 rug into the car and brought it home.  Now, Grace has a nice big surface to crawl and play on.  We even tested it out this morning with a family dance party.

It is usually house improvements and/or additions that turn our home upside down.  This one was no different.  Besides rearranging furniture and sweeping up massive amounts of dust bunnies - this rug brought up a lot of old dirt between Matt and I. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a nice cool, crisp, sunny Sunday morning we went on a family walk.  We started off happy - ended up not so much.  For your sake and Matt's, I'll give you an abridged version:
 
"I really enjoy where our life is."

"That's not the impression I get Allie- you're always talking about moving away from Texas and how you hate our house. I think you're unhappy"  And that really made me unhappy!

"I'm not unhappy - why would you say that?  Just because I have said recently I might want to move away from Texas?  Can't I say that without you thinking I am unhappy?

"Well - yes, and because you said the other week you were "unhappy"

"No! I never said I was unhappy.  I like our life - can't I just complain about things without it meaning I am unhappy?"

You get the point.  This back and forth went on for about 10-15 minutes....

A lot of issues were discussed, many tears shed and some curse words exchanged.  Not a nice family walk that was intended, but it was our family walk.  We need these walks.  I would be lying to myself if I thought Matt and I shouldn't fight.  It is through these fights that we learn more from each other and about each other.  We are a new family, there will be lessons learned and much growing  - but it is mornings like these that make me appreciate the foundation Matt and I have.  And it also helps makes me realize - you should never sweep anything under the rug.

Sunday's Pick
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures from family dance party:







1 comment:

  1. Beth and Grace's private dance party: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l0yYBTMteX4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl0yYBTMteX4

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)