Thursday, October 17, 2013

Miss Independent

This evening as I watched Grace move on the ground crawling from toy to toy, I was inspired, yet again, by my little girl.  Over the past week I have seen a maturity in her - I know, kind of odd to say when speaking of an 8 1/2 month old - but I noticed that my little Aquarius has become quite the independent lad.  I don't mean just physically.  Mentally and emotionally I have seen a growth in her that most people will never achieve.

Yes, she still flips her shit when she sees me coming into a room, but I know many men that would be equally as enthused if they knew they had boobies coming their way.  In some sort of munchausen way, I like that she yearns for me - as I do her.  I don't know if it because I think her excitement is her way of expressing love for me or I am so narcissistic I just like it.  I'm not sure why?! Sorry, I digress.  Back to Grace's growth.

I am constantly in awe by her independence, confidence and drive - again, might be odd to say when speaking of an 8 1/2 month old, but there is something inspirational about watching a person figure out life.  To self soothe when they are in a snit or to not be able to speak but to make their voice be heard.  I have reflected a lot about my own independence and confidence - how do I make my voice heard?  how do I self soothe?  All of these questions that once filled my mind with self doubt - now give me strength.

Tonight while playing - she held onto a toy and pulled herself up.  Just like that (snapping my fingers).  And just like that - she let go and was standing on her own.  I could see in her eyes she was telling me: hey mom look at what I am doing!?  I am standing by myself.

Yes, Grace. I'm so proud of you! -  and it is through you I learn to stand on my own.

** Usual soundtrack 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

















 

1 comment:

  1. That shot of her looking into the reflection (1324) is really good. Nice job, wifey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)