Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Finding my balance

The past two weeks I have been extremely busy at work.  Which is great - but finding the balance between work life, home life and time for myself has been a struggle.  I find myself distracted - when I am at work I am thinking about Grace, when I am with Grace I am thinking about work, when I am at the gym I am thinking about everything (including how my shoulder muscles are looking more defined).

The mind game that goes along with this balancing act is a doozy.  Last night I was at a work function until 8pm.  Matt had to put Grace down to sleep - when I came home, I was sad.  The devil on my shoulder reminded me that I missed kissing Grace and rocking her to bed -  and it was telling me I was a bad mom! So when that damn devil was giving me grief this morning about going to the gym today after work - I was too meek to fight back - I rushed home to play with Grace and I loved every second of it - minus the poop that was smeared on me.  

What I am learning is there will be times when life can't be perfectly divided into compartments - there will be times when some things will have to give.   I'm also learning to not beat myself up - guilt is not a productive emotion.  And that devil can go straight to Georgia...

Listen!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I don't feel like a superhero - doesn't mean my daughter can't!

Grace's cape courtesy my wonderful friend, Laurie!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)