Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

Now I know how my mom felt all those times my sister and I would be bickering back and forth!  Yelling out "mom" every 10 seconds and then making faces at each other while she turned back to what she was trying to accomplish.  No, Grace does not have a sibling to bicker with - and with the tude she displays is not making a good case for a brother or sister, and no she also can't yell out mom - which, at first I was a bit sad about - now, not so much.  But boy, can she whine!

The past two evenings she has been absolutely horrendous.  I know - I should be describing my daughter with adjectives like "wonderful" "angelic" and "darling" but I would be lying.  and I pride myself on not lying.  Maybe it is her teeth?  Maybe she has gas?  Maybe she just likes to whine?  I don't know - but I'm yelling Uncle.  Last night after about 30 minutes of straight whining and failing arms and legs around - I looked at my sweet little girl and told her to shut the f up.  No, I am not proud about this - and I do slightly feel like a bad mom - but I'll get over it.  It made Matt and I giggle and was enough to help us through the rest of the whining evening.

I'm not one to tell people what to do or how to feel - but the past 48 hours did want me to express my sentiments.  There are a lot of parents that have reacted or will react the same way as me.  I don't want you to think you're a bad parent, you're definitely not winning parent of the year, but you're not a bad parent.  Maybe I'm just saying this so I feel better about myself?  Maybe I'm the whiner?

I picked this song because this band oozes "whine" to me

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until those "moms" DO come every 10 seconds! Oh, actually they're every 2-5. They started last week with me and I'm about to pull my hair out. The best part is when the "mom" with me answering, "yes, honey"…silence. Then again….silence! You start mumbling to yourself. Hoping your toddler didn't catch the last part. And finally after the 100th "mom!" you scream "WHAT!!!!" and wonder why he does the same to you. I love three! Seriously…I do! ;) Be glad she can't repeat you yet and enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)