Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday

It is 8am - Grace is down for a nap already.  Matt is chopping vegetables for Turkey Chili.  I just finished my oatmeal and coffee and am easing into Sunday

Sunday used to be a day I would dread - as a kid Sunday would bring school the next day.  As a teenager it would mark the end of a fun weekend with my friends.  In my early twenties it was a day that meant another work week was right around the corner. 

Now -  Sunday means morning walks with Matt and Grace.  Sunday means early family dinners.  Sunday means football.  Sunday brings CBS Morning News.  Sunday means creating my To Do list for the week.  Sunday means laundry.  Sunday means crosswords I can never finish - crosswords I can barely start.  I have a new appreciation for the last day of the week (or the start of a new week - I guess whatever floats your boat).

To me,  Sunday is a day of reflection - What did I accomplish this week?  What fun activities did we do?  Did I eat healthy this week? Did I exercise enough? -- usually NO. 

And then again- Sunday is just like any other day.  Grace is waking up from her nap - so this Sunday I am going to enjoy my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)