Sunday, September 29, 2013

Not The Crazy One..

So this is my first "on the go" blog!  

I'm writing from my car- well Matt's car and he is driving. So i'm not breaking any laws - We're heading home after  a weekend in Katy,TX, Matt's hometown.  

Our original weekend plan was to leave Austin Friday evening, but I noticed Grace acting a little strange on Thursday and my mommy instincts knew she was getting sick -  sure enough Friday morning she was congested and coughing.  Some part of me was satisfied that I called it the day before.  I'm not happy that she is sick but I was happy that I'm catching onto this parenting thing and listening to my inner voice (not the crazy voice but the mommy voice).

Anyway-  we decided to stay home that evening and make a game time decision the next morning.
Why such a big deal to go back to Katy this weekend?  Normally we could go any weekend but we had tickets to the Texans/Seahawks game on Sunday plus Saturday afternoon I was going dress shopping for my sister in laws wedding.  I'm a bridesmaid- so I wanted to be supportive and an active part in the dress shopping process.  Plus who doesn't like to shop?!!  ME -- I hate it with a passion. I literally go shopping for an hour and am done with it-  stick-a-fork-in-me done.  But for whatever reason bridal shopping is my forte.  

Sorry to degress.  Back to Saturday morning. 

After seeing our congested baby smiling when she woke up, running through a pros and cons list with matt and an extensive converstion with my inner voice (there it is again) --we decided to head back to Katy.  

Matt and his brother watched Grace while I spent the afternoon shopping for a bridesmaids dress - which I might add was for a good 5 hours and I think I had the most energy out of all the ladies by the end of it.  

I decided to give my football ticket to my brother in law.  I figured he had just spent the day entertaining my child and I appreciated that - so let him enjoy a football game with his brother.  Plus, my inner voice was telling me I wanted to stay with my Grace.

Now we gotta get back to Austin in time for the Breaking Bad finale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)