Wednesday, September 25, 2013

D'Lites

There is a small ice cream shop roughly 5 miles from my house.  It is a hidden treasure Matt and I discovered this summer.  We're both eating healthy but we both like a sweet treat.  Matt used to bring home pints of Ben & Jerry's and chocolate cakes - and although I miss those days, D'lites has filled the void.

We celebrate hump day with a tasty treat from D'lites.  Wednesdays are manageable now - now that I know by 8pm I will have my fix for the week.  Kind of an addiction - but I figure that this low carb, low sodium, low sugar, gluten free addiction is a lot better than meth!

D'lites has an array of flavors - they switch them daily.  Best part - they list them on their website.  So, let's say you are at work on Wednesday afternoon you can  take a gander at their site and know exactly what flavor you'll be tasting in 6 1/2 hours.  but there are some weeks when the choices are too overwhelming I tell Matt "Dealer's Choice" and he knows exactly what that means.  He usually has the privilege of going to pick up D'lites, so I give him free reign to choose my ice cream destiny on said evenings.

I would go on and on about how much I love this delectable treat but the proof is in the pudding..er, ice cream

Fluffer Nutter Fudge & Spice Cake
Matt & His D'lites
The Elvis
Wednesday is complete!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhmyygooodness!! So funny! I totally relate..Brian would bring home Great Wall Of China (chocolate cake from PF Changs) and frozen custard almost every night before we discovered D'Lites in our town, Tampa, FL. That's why we knew we HAD TO opened one! Thank you for sharing this awesome post. Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)