Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tradition

Over the past couple of weeks I have shared that I wanted to create special memories during the holiday season for Grace.  Tradition being important to me, we completed our second annual "Christmas Breakfast" pull.

Last year, we decided not to make our Christmas mornings just about presents under the tree, but by incorporating a breakfast where we would get to share as a family.  During most of the year, breakfast time is hectic.  Trying to get three people ready and out the door by 715a doesn't allow much time for us to relax and share the morning together. 

I can remember when I was younger my family would spend Christmas day in our pajamas.  There was no sense of urgency.  No place to rush to.  Everything we needed or wanted was in our home.  We would eat leftovers from our Christmas Eve party.  My dad would toast Italian bread and drink his coffee.  We would throw wrapping paper into the fire to keep it burning (totally toxic...I know).   My mom would inevitably return every gift my dad bought for her.  My sister and I would count up our gifts hoping that Santa would've duped one of us so the other one could rub it in the others face.   We would try on our clothes and play with our toys.  We would laugh, we would yell...we would be us.      
Anointing Christmas morning as the day we spend with each other might seem cliche but to me its tradition.

That's Christmas To Me









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)