Monday, March 31, 2014

Play Nicely

Say please
Say thank you
Be polite  
Play nice

All the things I hear myself saying on a daily basis now with a toddler in earshot. The countless hours I have already spent trying to form this little girl into a respectful adult.  She's only 14 months!  I should chill, she probably doesn't fully comprehend these concepts - but I do.  And just like that, the past 14 months of parenting duties smack me in the face reminding me of the type of person I'm forming into.  I'm human, I'll make mistakes, I'll forget to say please, thank you and play nicely at times.  And in reality, I should be put in "time out" - facing a blank wall might do me some good, but it's from my errors that I learn.  It's from my errors that I will become a better parent.  

It's where my demons hide





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)