Friday, February 28, 2014

Put Pep In Your Step

Wanting to bring awareness that today is Rare Disease Day - I'm dedicating this post to the rare disease that has become part of my family.  Months ago I shared that my dad was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis.  Learn more about MG.  He had surgery in December to remove his thymus gland which was in hopes to alleviate the symptoms of MG.  While the surgery may have not given us the immediate results we were hoping for  - it  could take up to a year before improvements are seen.  I don't know what it is like to live with MG or even be a care taker of someone with MG (or any rare disease for that matter) the only thing I do know is that I want to help.

June is MG awareness month -   In honor of those that are afflicted with this rare disease, my intention is to coordinate the inaugural "Put Pep In Your Step" MG Walk.  More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)