Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pre - T Day thoughts..

Our household is enjoying the calm before the storm.  Matt and I host Thanksgiving - so the days leading up to "T day" are relaxing because shit hits the fan that day.  Matt does all the cooking - I can't take any credit besides peeling some potatoes and cutting up the canned cranberry sauce.  However over the 4 years, Matt and I have created a nice dance so we don't get into each others way.  I create the ambiance,  he creates the delicious food.

We work together as a team everyday - making sure work schedules don't conflict so someone is around for Grace - or allowing each other free time.  I think we are good teammates, heck, that's how we were first introduced to each other - but it isn't until Thanksgiving Day every year that I am blown away of how well we work together.  Yes, there is some bickering that happens, but it wouldn't be a holiday without some.  I'm looking forward to another year being gathered around our dining room table with our friends and family.   It's not the hours of cooking, cleaning, preparing that is daunting -- it's the ten month old that we're going to have to dance around.

Wish us luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)