Monday, October 14, 2013

Change..

With the temperatures taking a dip into the 70s and a plethora of rain - that would even make the drought sayers happy,  Fall has finally arrived in Central Texas.  It is time for us to join the rest of the country in the Fall obsessions of sweatshirts, bonfires, and pumpkin spice lattes. To me, Fall is the best time of year.  And it is definitely the time of year to celebrate in Texas.  It's when you say to yourself -Summer, I beat you...see ya in six months, a hole.  It's when you get to rearrange your closet so your jeans and long sleeve shirts are visible - but still get to wear a t shirt and sandals.  It's when the sun is positioned perfectly in the sky - how the beam of rays trickle through the falling leaves.

U2 talks to me


The arrival of Fall was not the only exciting development over the weekend.  We're sportin new do's as well...Besides Matt's stylish haircut a couple months back - this was Grace's first"official" haircut.



She must have felt the changing of the season as well.  Another tooth popped and a new swagger accompanies her new hairdo. She's gone from stationary to scootin'  - her "crawl" is not perfected yet but she is on the move and already on a mission.  It's so much fun watching my little girl navigate her way through her tiny world - and now, around our floors - which reminds me,  I need to add "new rug" to my purchase list.  

Normally being a bit resistant to change - minus when it comes to the seasons, this little girl eases my anxieties by teaching me to embrace the present and know everything will fall into place

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)