Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What am I doing?

I can't say why I am inspired to create a blog almost 20 years after they have become popular, but I am.  I do not know if it is because at the beginning of 2013, my husband Matt and I welcomed our baby girl, Grace, into the world.  Maybe I am hoping that this stream of consciousness that I write down will serve as a diary for our family one day?  Maybe my perspective on the world will inspire, enrage, or amuse others?  Either way, here goes nothing...

I live in the progressive, artsy city of Austin, Texas.  I have been an "Austinite" since September 2006.  I moved here from the quaint town of Islip, Long Island, New York.  I will spare all details of my life at the moment, as I might draw on these experiences in future articles.

Today's post is just to quickly introduce myself, Allie Pepe, and this random little blog that I like to call "Like you cared." 

When I told Matt about naming the blog this snarky title he told me that the title was self- deprecating.  My answer - "I am self- deprecating."

So, welcome  to my self- deprecating view of the world.  I hope you enjoy future stories I have to tell and hope you share some of your stories with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Well I love it already- and have to say I'm super excited for this blog- I know we have lived far away from each other for a long time (I will take part blame in that..I did move to Hawaii) BUT...even though time and distance will never alter our friendship- I'm glad I can catch up and know more of whats going on in you and your growing family's life/lives? either way- I'm pumped for this blog.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)