Monday, June 29, 2015

A heart full of love

Today's my birthday.  I'm 32 years old.  It's only fitting that I share this information today.  I have a hole in my heart.  Apparently it's been there since I was born. I'm having a procedure today (happy birthday to me!) that will find out more -  ( how big the hole is, what they can do to repair, etc).   But what I do know is 32 years ago today, all 7lbs 5 oz of me came into barreling into this world.

Believe me, yesterday when I got the primary results and the inital news about this I was devasted.  I literally was out in the waiting room on the phone crying for my mom.  And like my mom and dad have done for past 32 years, they dropped everything and came to be by my side.  They call it parenting.  I call it fu$king lucky to be born into their arms.

After several hours of crying, dropping F-bombs like a sailor and why me-ing, I collected my thoughts and realized how incredibly lucky I am.  Here I am -  a cancer survivor, masters degree holding, marathon finisher, wife of a great husband,  daughter of the most loving parents, younger sister of the most fiercely protective older sister,  and mother of the most beautiful baby girl in the world.  Surrounded by loving family and friends everyday for the past 32 years.  I'm so lucky.  Yes, my 32nd year isn't starting off the way I would hope but I'm strong, I'm feisty, and I've never felt like piece of me has been missing.

My heart is whole.  


**I'll keep you all updated on my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)