Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Magic

Thursday kicked off the holiday season for us.  We hosted Thanksgiving, as we have for the past 5 years. We filled the house with delicious smells, cute decorations, loving family and friends.  Every year, I am shocked at how quickly the holidays are upon us.  Don't know why its a shocking revelation, but every year its seems to sneak up on me.  For some reason this year I am hell bent on enjoying all the family friendly activities Austin has to offer.  I think its because,  as I have gotten older the holidays have lost some of its magic.   I want Grace to experience the loudness a house is filled with family and friends,  the blindness of houses lit up with twinkly lights,  the smell of a pine tree in the living room,  the fun of baking cookies, the love the holiday season brings.

I want her to have traditions.  I want her to have memories.  I want her to feel the magic. 

Hoping you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and the start of a magical holiday season.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)