Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oil Pulling

It was like playing charades this morning in our house.  My mouth was full of coconut oil  - so trying to communicate today's plan of attack was a sight to see. What! Say that again? You didn't think I was just going to glaze over the fact that I was swishing coconut oil in my mouth.  Seems strange and indeed it is. Although a new addition to my regimen, "oil pulling" as it is called has been around for quite some time. Read More about Oil Pulling.

With recent ailments running through our house, I looked inward at my own health and wanted to improve on a few things.  I've heard about oil pulling before and there have been many times were I was extremely close to scooping the coconut oil into my mouth - but it wasn't until the other day in the middle of what I was calling "my healing crisis" from my deep tissue massage from physical therapy that I wanted to keep this detoxification process going.  With much hesitation, I went into the pantry, pulled out the coconut oil and jammed a tablespoon of the ooey gooey oil into my mouth.  Not going to lie, I thought I was going to vomit right then and there but I didn't, so I went on my merry way swishing about.   

Swish Swish Swish Swish - oh boy, 15 minutes seemed like an eternity.


I try to distract myself while swishing - unloading the dishwasher, feeding grace breakfast or pretty much anything that keeps my mind off what is actually happening.  It's too soon to see if this has had any impact on my health - I'll keep you posted on my swishing habits!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)