Saturday, August 31, 2013

Early to bed, Early to Rise

Gone are the nights where I closed down the bars with friends and watched the sunrise from a taxi.  Now, I am lucky if I make it to 9pm (on the couch).  Given, I have many more responsibilities now a days, which does not leave much time to suck beer down until the cows come home.  And although I miss those carefree days of partying to the wee hours of the morning- there is something rewarding going to bed before The Tonight Show comes on TV.

Instead of waking up with a headache and wasting my day puking and groaning in pain, I am usually up between 530-630am, courtesy of Grace.  Grace and I hit the road and take a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood before the sun scorches us here in Central Texas.  Laundry and grocery shopping are all done before 11am- I know a very exciting life :) My days are much more productive and I am grateful for that.

Even though I miss those nights of too many to count tequila shots, coming home flopping on the bed while the world is spinning around me, hearing a faint buzzing in my ear from the music blaring at the bar - but knowing I get to see this face in morning makes that 9pm all that much more welcoming. 


Don't get me wrong, a girl still needs a night out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy my madness :)